- Local websites
Dear Business Partners of the Sefar Group
We would like to inform you about the risk assessment of the delivery situation on the part of Sefar, regarding the Corona Virus:
• Sefar does not supply any articles fabricated in China to customers outside of China.
• Until further notice, Sefar has proactively issued a travel ban from and to China for all Sefar employees.
• Being a fully integrated supplier, Sefar controls and ensures the supply chain for the manufacturing of our technical fabrics, from yarn production to the shipping of the finished goods. The entire manufacturing chain takes place outside of China.
• The scope and duration of the measures initiated by the Chinese government, cannot currently be estimated by Sefar. It should however have a minimal effect on deliveries outside of China.
• Furthermore, please be informed that Sefar does not manufacture or trade in “Face Masks”. In the event you may have offers for such face masks from Turkey, kindly be aware that our affiliate company in Turkey operates under the name “Sefar Filtrasyon San. ve. Tic. Ltd. Sti.” only.
Sefar provides a mass-producible generic fabric for sensors which allow the measurement of various activities of human bodies by capacitive, resistive and/or bio-impedance mode.
The most interesting sensing mode represents the pressure resistive sensor.
The sensor consists of two fabrics with an array of metallic conductive parallel stripes as electrodes and a third fabric as semi-conductive intermediate layer (see graphic).
As the sensor area is pressed, the resistance decreases (see graphic). The resistance-pressure relationship is predictable and repeatable and resistance is insensitive to other physical variables.
The fabric pressure sensor shows sensor function properties having by far the most sensitive structure in the response.
Sefar Sensing Fabrics were developed in the frame of the European Project SimpleSkin.
The PowerSens fabrics are woven fabrics usually consisting of PET and electrically conductive filaments.
Able to sense physical quantities such as conductivity, temperature and elongation
Electrical insulation available
Light weight (< 90 g/m2, filament diameters 40 – 80 µm)
High air permeability (> 8000 l/m2/s, depending on fabric design)
Compatible to injection mold processes
SEFAR PowerSens fabrics are customer-specifically developed and manufactured.
Physical quantities such as temperature, elongation, liquid levels etc. can be measured through Sefar fabrics.
Unobtrusive measurement of physical quantities
Fabric can be formed to fit any shape
Sefar supports you by helping you specify the properties necessary for your product.