- Local websites
Dear Business Partners of the Sefar Group
We would like to inform you about the risk assessment of the delivery situation on the part of Sefar, regarding the Corona Virus:
• Sefar does not supply any articles fabricated in China to customers outside of China.
• Until further notice, Sefar has proactively issued a travel ban from and to China for all Sefar employees.
• Being a fully integrated supplier, Sefar controls and ensures the supply chain for the manufacturing of our technical fabrics, from yarn production to the shipping of the finished goods. The entire manufacturing chain takes place outside of China.
• The scope and duration of the measures initiated by the Chinese government, cannot currently be estimated by Sefar. It should however have a minimal effect on deliveries outside of China.
• Furthermore, please be informed that Sefar does not manufacture or trade in “Face Masks”. In the event you may have offers for such face masks from Turkey, kindly be aware that our affiliate company in Turkey operates under the name “Sefar Filtrasyon San. ve. Tic. Ltd. Sti.” only.
Fabrics, single and multilayer, can be heat-slit into tube configurations. Tubes are made by slitting two layers of fabric together with a heated knife, creating two flat seams at either side of the tube. Heat-slit fabric edges are melted or fused together to increase durability and to decrease fraying. The heat-slit seam has a limited strength and should be used as a transport seam only, e.g. for injection molding.
All fabrics with thread diameters < 250 µm and mesh openings < 500 µm can be heat slit
Heat-slit tubes are specified by having a defined inner diameter. Diameters range from 6 to 320 mm
The inner diameter of the heat-slit tube does not equal the flat width of the tube itself. The effect of welded 'wings' on either side has to be taken into consideration. The width depends on the mesh type
Ultrasonic flat-welded tubes 2 – 168 mm for fabrics up to 500 µ
Tubes are wound onto standard cores (polyester discs) which have an inner square hole of 30 x 30 mm and an outer diameter of 61 mm
Upon request tubes can also be rolled onto ABS rings with a inner diameter of 76 mm (3").
Depending on fabric type and tube dimensions, roll length of up to 500 m are possible.
Fabrics, single and multilayer, can be ultrasonically welded into tube configurations. Tubes are made with one overlapping ultrasonic weld. Welds are accurate, clean and are made without the introduction of secondary material to the weld.
Tubes, cut to length, are segments cut from woven, ultrasonically welded or heat-slit tubes.
Tube segments are packed into PE bags that are sealed
Tube segments made of SEFAR MEDIFAB fabrics are
The label contains the following information:
manufacturer, material, dimensions
(diameter in mm, length in m), manufacturing date,
order number, roll number, number of pieces per bag.
Non-fraying edges (laser cut)
Customizable dimensions (variety of diameters)
Suited for healthcare applications (SEFAR MEDIFAB, double bag)
Easy handling (various cores available)
For industry/application specific use of ribbons see links below:
For further information and fabric samples, please select the preferred contact option on the right.