- Local websites
Dear Business Partners of the Sefar Group
We would like to inform you about the risk assessment of the delivery situation on the part of Sefar, regarding the Corona Virus:
• Sefar does not supply any articles fabricated in China to customers outside of China.
• Until further notice, Sefar has proactively issued a travel ban from and to China for all Sefar employees.
• Being a fully integrated supplier, Sefar controls and ensures the supply chain for the manufacturing of our technical fabrics, from yarn production to the shipping of the finished goods. The entire manufacturing chain takes place outside of China.
• The scope and duration of the measures initiated by the Chinese government, cannot currently be estimated by Sefar. It should however have a minimal effect on deliveries outside of China.
• Furthermore, please be informed that Sefar does not manufacture or trade in “Face Masks”. In the event you may have offers for such face masks from Turkey, kindly be aware that our affiliate company in Turkey operates under the name “Sefar Filtrasyon San. ve. Tic. Ltd. Sti.” only.
Pleated elements significantly increase the filtration area in a given construction space.
Pleated elements are ribbons which have been pleated together, and then cut to a defined number of pleats. Endless pleated elements are possible with a suitable connection.
The individual fabric layers are simultaneously cut and welded together on their longitudinal side during the ultrasonic slitting.
The cutting to a defined number of pleats is done ultrasonically or by other suitable cutting technologies.
Up to 5 layers (non-woven depth filter, woven surface filter) are possible
Various filter media and filter materials can be combined (synthetics, steel, glass)
Pleat width ranges from 25 to 1200 mm; 25 – 590 mm for endless pleating elements
Pleat height ranges from 6 mm (one layer) or 8 mm
(multi-layer) to 50 mm
Pleat counts are unlimited
The position of the individual fabric layers, the specification of the filter side and also the number of pleats are all very important and therefore have to be defined precisely.
Pleated elements can be packed into PE bags that are welded shut
Endless pleated elements up to a maximal diameter of 50 mm and a maximal height of 60 mm can be packed in blisters (bigger products in PE bags)
Pleated elements made of SEFAR MEDIFAB fabrics are double bagged
The label contains the following information:
Dimensions (diameter in mm, length in meter)
Number of pieces per bag
(except endless pleated elements)
Can be used for medical applications (SEFAR MEDIFAB)
Wide scope of dimensions
The customer can send his free choice of filter materials
Optimal utilization of construction space
Easy handling (blister package)
Easy disposal (combustible materials)
For industry/application specific use please see links below:
For further information and fabric samples, please select the preferred contact option on the right.